Thursday, February 25, 2010

Possible Reception Venues

I have been talking with Pam, from Carillon Beach Weddings and Events, and I have an appointment next Tuesday to check out their facilities.  Carillon is an absolutely beautiful little area in my hometown and is typically known for their beach weddings.  But since we're looking at the winter months there will be no wedding on the beach (that and because I would have a melt down if I was all sweaty on my wedding day).  We are going to check out the Market Street Ballroom.


The Ballroom is on the second floor of the building in the picture.  I think this would be absolutely beautiful at night and there will be many photo-ops just by stepping outside.  The ballroom is huge and can be sectioned off, so I'm thinking of doing both the ceremony and reception there.  That way after the ceremony our guests can step right next door for cocktails while we finish up pictures.  I am definitely taking my camera, so next Tuesday I will have more pictures to share.

I have also been talking with Michelle at the Visual Arts Center about possibly holding the reception there.  It is an art gallery and the inside is gorgeous.  The only down side is the location.  I grew up on the beach and this is in town.... lame I know, but something I can't seem to push from my mind. 

Don't forget to vote! 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh pretty! That looks like the PERFECT venue for me to get WAY wastey faced and do the cupid shuffle/make out with every single man at your wedding. Haha. That is just the kind of friend I am.

    Love it. And you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally laughed when I saw the name of the blog.

    That location looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I can't wait to see pics from your meeting!!

    ReplyDelete